Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friends, Fun, and LOTS of Happy Things

Chicagoland

My day began in really the best way possible: sleeping in, and doing it in the most comfortable bed ever made. Seriously: Egyptian cotton 20,000-count sheets, a pillow that adjusted to my head, a firm but not too firm mattress, and just the right amount of blankets. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Love it!

I tumbled out of bed around 9:30 and went to find Colleen and Little Jayden, pictured here with his momma's big water glass. He and I are birthday buddies, with the same first two initials and similar belly buttons (to his mom's dismay--she used to tease me about mine... it's not that weird!!!). He's great. And so are his parents, who were amazing hosts last night during my visit, and who put me up for the night in their guest room (which I may decide to spend the rest of my LIFE in, or at least the bed). It was good to see them again since they moved away from New Orleans last summer.

The rest of my day (8 hours!) was spent at Jason and Bonny Walters' house, where they hosted a get-together of old friends from college for a game day. We caught up with each other's current life news, then dove right back into the past and played our favorite game, Mow. Game # two was really the best--lots and lots of laughter, PLUS we discovered a fabulous new food pairing: a piece of fresh pineapple followed by an animal cracker. I don't know, it just brings something wonderful out in the animal cracker that you've never tasted before. Seriously.

I left the Walters' feeling healthier from all the laughter. What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment