Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rocky Fun

Denver, Colorado

My car has now put over 3,000 miles on it during this road trip! The drive out to CO was fairly exciting despite the incredibly monotonous landscape of western Nebraska. First of all, a piece of my car flew off in the high winds that I battled all the way from Lincoln to an hour outside Denver. And second of all I picked up a hitchhiker who helped me with the flat tire I got. Now I know what you're thinking: single girls traveling alone should not pick up hitchhikers. But this guy was pretty nice to help me get the lug nuts off, so I offered him a ride.

Anyway, this guy's a Christian and was heading to Denver. He kept the drive lively with his traveling stories and thoughts on life--it was nice to have some company. Now that we're in Denver we've even had a chance to hang out on the slopes. Here's some pics of me during my first time snowboarding!! What a blast.

Oh, and did I mention the wonderful hosts I'm staying with? :) They're great--more on them later...

2 comments: